Information to help with your assessment!
<a href="http://re.weobleyhigh.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Suffering-Assessment-Year-8 prix du viagra au luxembourg.pptx” class=”gde-link”>Download (PPTX, 20B)
Continue Reading ?
Objective: To research and comment on suffering examples from across the world
1. Discuss briefly examples of suffering that you have heard of
2. What is the difference between human and natural suffering?
3. Complete the table below
|Example of Suffering||Human / Natural||My opinion / What could be done to prevent the suffering?|
Complete using websites / own knowledgeContinue Reading ?
Objective: What are examples of human suffering and natural suffering?
POWER POINT IF PREFERED – suffering year 8
Start this sheet What can you see or write in book
Students to write a list of examples of suffering – use quiz sheet – students guess the event suffering guess
Put the examples under two columns – human and natural suffering. Discuss the examples
Watch video clip on ...Continue Reading ?
Objective: Present an account of suffering such as a natural disaster to the class
Basic Points about your topic
Relevant pictures that help explain
A video that is appropriate to the class
A quiz to test the class knowledge
Resources – DEC website
NO UPLOAD NEEDED
Continue Reading ?
After watching class presentations – please submit a summary of
Objective: What is meant by free will? What is the Christian view on suffering?
POWERPOINT: Christianity and Suffering
1. Re cap on las lesson and the human element of suffering
2. Read through sheet on free will suffering free will
3. Read through the story of Adam and Eve – human disobedience
VIDEO CLIP http://www.explore-tv.co.uk/page.php?path=all Why does God allow suffering?
4. Define and Explain whether you agree with these ideas of Christianity :
Objective: What is the Buddhist view on suffering?
Read through pages 12 -13
Buddhism and Suffering Powerpoint
Explain what Buddhism says about suffering
Read through page 45 the story of the mustard seed
Explain how the story fits in with the Buddhist ideas on suffering – change and craving
Do you agree with the Buddhist views on suffering? Explain why / why not
(6 – 10 lines)
Continue Reading ?
Objective: What are the Jewish beliefs about suffering?
Read through the Story of Job
Discuss some of the meaning in the story:
Produce a modern day example of ...Continue Reading ?
Objective: To learn new information on the evidence linked to the life of Jesus
– Make a spider diagram on what you know about Jesus OR a rap about what you know (MUST be respectful to Christians today)
Watch the two video clips below
Write a summary of the information that you have learnt – At least two paragraphsContinue Reading ?
Objective: Was Jesus God on Earth? Lesson 2 – Key Events
Introduction – in pairs make a rap / poem about Jesus
Power Point with information below on Jesus-powerpoint key events
Jesus was born
Objective – Discover the main teachings of Jesus, are they relevant to today’s society?
1. Using two main teachings of Jesus, explain his teaching on forgiveness, love and justice
Examples to use:
a) Parable of the Lost Son – Forgiveness
b) Parable of the Good Samaritan – Love
Explain these teachings
2. Include why you think they are important ideals to live by
3. Use examples to show how they are still relevant
Story of Anthony ...Continue Reading ?
Objective – Is there a God?
All: students will be able to give some reasons why people believe / don’t believe in God
Some: students will be able to evaluate the strength of the argument and use this to write their own opinion
1. Match up the terms / definitions about the existence of God(s)
2. Think of reasons why some people believe / don’t believe in God – produce a spider ...Continue Reading ?
Objective: What is God like?
1. Draw a picture of my ideal /perfect God – label and describe the attributes
2. Watch video clip Bruce Almighty
3. Make a and table fill in the first column with some of the features of what God is meant to be like – include a sentence to describe your feature
4. Use power point ...Continue Reading ?
Objective: Why does suffering cause a problem to belief in God?
All – To give examples of suffering in our world and explain why people might not believe in God because of them Some – To consider whether it is God’s responsibility to stop suffering and whether faith can help through suffering
1. Look at examples of suffering – can you name them?
2. Explain why you think suffering causes a problem to the ...Continue Reading ?
Objective – Who made the universe?
All – Students will be able to state the main points behind the creation story
Some – Students will be able to validate the story and explain whether it matters if it is scientifically correct
1. Explain a story with a mythical meaning V literal meaning
– Ask students to explain the story of Father Christmas…… what is based in fact? What is important in the story? What is the main point ...Continue Reading ?
Objective – Was the world designed?
All students will be able to give examples of design
Some students will be able to evaluate the validity of the design argument
1. Open this file design-argument Work file and answer the first two questions – What is meant by design and the similarities in Nature and Man-made objects
2. Watch Video clip below on rolex watches
Objective What was the First Cause?
All students will understand that there was a begining of time
Some students will be able to explain ideas on what the first cause was
1. Open worksheet document first-cause-worksheet higher
Answer questions 1 – 3 on the document – save the word
2. Read through the sheet explaining the argument of the first cause
The-First-Cause new then go through the main points on the power point
3. Fill in the gaps on question ...Continue Reading ?
Objective What are Religious Experiences?
Starter – Introduce : The story of Fabrice Muamba and miracles
Open this worksheet Religious-Experiences
Objective – To consider how religious beliefs affect people’s lives
All students will be able to explain how beliefs can affect people’s lives
Some students will be able to consider the impact of such beliefs
1. Watch the following video clips – personal reflection about belief in God
http://www.explore-tv.co.uk/ How do you know that God exists
2. How do you think religion effects people’s lives?
Read through worksheet on religion and sport Religion and sport
Practices – Prayer / Church
Morals ...Continue Reading ?